FROM THE EDITOR
Summer is supposed to be over & the monsoon must have set in by now. But the monsoon is nowhere in sight & the summer is still on; if you go by the temperatures. The heat is intolerable. All cities & major towns have become concrete jungles. Trees have been mercilessly chopped down to make way for more concrete buildings. Cool breeze is a thing of the past.
All houses have their own borewells; sometimes more than one & thus fast depleting ground water. Most of the existing borewells are unauthorized ones. In many parts of Bangalore, ground water is not available even at the depth of 1,000 ft. Sad; but true.
HOW TO ESCAPE FROM THE SCORCHING HEAT, WATER PROBLEMS & UNRULY TRAFFIC?
Head to a hill station nearby. Bangalore has so many hill stations within 6 hours of driving time. All these hill stations offer good hotels – from budget to premium.
It is time to have a vacation with your family or friends. Pack your bags, fill your car tank & drive down to a nearby hill station. Choose a hill station or a resort which has remote signals for cell phones. Even better; choose a resort where there are no TVs. Cut loose from this maddening world & go to a hideaway where you & your family can be together with no disturbance. Holidays are the bonding times for families & also time to recharge your batteries.
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
Drive down, take a flight, board a train or catch a bus. Just head to a cool zone. Time to pack your swimming dress, sneakers; camera & binocular. Go swimming, take a hike, fly a kite, play outdoor games with your children or do nothing – the freedom is in the choice.
TIME TO HAVE FUN WITH YOUR FAMILY & FRIENDS.
After all, the best part of a holiday is perhaps not so much to be resting yourself, as to see all the other fellows busy working – Kenneth Grahame
BEAT THE HEAT
RECOMMENDED RESORTS, AROUND BANGALORE, FOR VACATIONS IN JULY & AUGUST
- ORANGE COUNTY – COORG & KABINI
- THE SERAI – CHIKMAGALUR & KABINI
- THE WINDFLOWER RESORT & SPA – WAYANAD
- VYTHIRI RESORT – WAYANAD
- GEM PARK – OOTY
- KURUMBA VILLAGE RESORT – COONOOR
- THE CARLTON / LE POSHE – KODAIKANAL
LE POSHE @ KODAIKANAL
Welcome to Le Poshe at Kodaikanal.
From the luxuriously appointed villas to the captivating picturesque ambiance, from the delightfully alluring spas to a revitalizing gym area, from the mesmerizing ethnic charisma to the plush ultramodern facilities, from the finest selection of cuisine to the warm and attentive service, Le Poshe by Sparsa experience is unparalleled. An experience that refreshes your soul and rejuvenates your body. An experience that you will savor for a lifetime. An experience that calls you back time and again.
Come; indulge in the unique Le Poshe experience and treat yourself to affordable luxury in the scenic milieu of Kodaikanal.
Kodaikanal Weather as on 01.07.2014: Mostly cloudy – 14.7°C
Bisexuality immediately doubles your chances for a date on Saturday night – Woody Allen
Why should we take advice on sex from the pope? If he knows anything about it, he shouldn’t! – Bernard Shaw
Sex appeal is fifty percent what you’ve got and fifty percent what people think you’ve got – Sophia Loren
I remember the first time I had sex; I kept the receipt. – Groucho Marx
It’s not true that I had nothing on. I had the radio on. ― Marilyn Monroe
It’s absolutely unfair for women to say that guys only want one thing: sex. We also want food. ― Jarod Kintz
BELIEVE IT OR NOT
I want to wait to have sex until I’m married – Britney Spears
JOKE 4 ALL
Who Reads Newspapers?
– The Wall Street Journal is read by people who run the country.
– The New York Times is read by people who think they run the country.
– The Washington Post is read by people who think they ought to run the country.
– USA Today is read by people who think they ought to run the country but don’t understand The Washington Post.
– The Los Angeles Times is read by people who wouldn’t mind running the country, if they could spare the time.
– The Boston Globe is read by people whose parents used to run the country.
– The New York Daily News is read by people who aren’t too sure who’s running the country.
– The New York Post is read by people who don’t care who’s running the country, as long as they do something scandalous.
– The San Francisco Chronicle is read by people who aren’t sure there is a country, or that a country is a good idea in the first place.
– The Miami Herald is read by people who are running another country.